+1 tag for Google Plus

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Moving My Workspace

I've finally decided to move my workspace from a make-shift ironing board (yes you heard right!), to a proper desk, where I used to work before I went to London in 2011, when my desktop computer was still working.

So here is a comparison.
Before:

After:
The move was in response to my wife urging me to get my stuff off her ironing board. (I was using it since early December, so that makes 2 months). Each time she needed to use the ironing board, I would have to shut down the externally powered hard-disk and my laptop, disconnect my cables, take away everything from the board. Then I would move the board out from against the wall, plug in the iron to the wall socket for her, so she can use it.

Johnson's getting married in 2 weeks time and Peter (Jamie's husband, that's what I always refer to him as) and I are supposed to play for worship. Peter will play the accoustic guitar, and I will probably be on the keyboard.

With 2 instruments, it probably isn't going to be the most immersive worship experience (technically speaking of course, not spiritually speaking, if you know what I mean).

So I was thinking of blessing him with the back-up of a full band. I've got my newly acquired professional-level samples, I think it's time to use them. This would involve, working overtime like crazy, to sequence about 3-4 worship songs.

The things that can go wrong, ranked from the most serious wasted effort to recoverable situations:
1) they (the couple) decide to change the song, after I am halfway into the sequencing
2) they decide to change the sequence to the song ("we want 2 choruses at the end instead of 1")
3) they decide to change the key to the song (techincally this can be quickly fixed with an not-so-elegant transpose to the notes)

I will go by faith and hope it works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment