+1 tag for Google Plus

Thursday 18 October 2012

Waiting for the Tide

Listen to this on SoundCloud.com
  Listen to this on SoundCloud.com


These two tracks are different versions of the same piece of music. 
They are part of the unused trailer ideas for a colleague's short film. Internal versioning is v001_005. The first track is just the instrumental parts, and the second track has vocal parts.
Libraries used:
EastWest Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra Gold
Sample Logic Morphestra
Start date: 20121015
End date: 20121018
Release date: Oct 18, 2012 

I was getting too used to the general section sounds that Albion 1 and 2 are giving me. Therefore when this time I went on to use EastWest's Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra. The sounds are separated by instruments (such as the Violins, Cellos, French Horns, etc), unlike Albion patches which are combined instruments in the same general section, like brass-hi, woodwinds-low.
Overall I was quite happy with the speed that I was working at, even though the pieces could have been said to be finished.
Tonight I was preparing to do more refining work on it, but ended up running into my iLok failure! Seeing that I may not be able to use all EastWest instruments for a while, I will have to survive on the other libraries I own.
Also on the same night tonight, the director gave me a call to tell me even though the piece has its moments that would definitely work for other things (Yes, that is a nice way of debriefing isn't it?). Artists have rather brittle egos and considerate people know how to break it to them slowly and nicely :)
If it was anything that needed me to modify these tracks, I would have no way to use those sounds now that my iLok is down (along with my EastWest licences!). Therefore, I am glad almost the whole piece needs to be reworked.

No comments:

Post a Comment